Building a house requires you to make a million different decisions.
From the mundane to the weightier issues, choosing a garage door should really be high on your list.
Unless you’ve been faced with the decision, you’re probably thinking, “Big deal! I pick a color I like, I buy it, someone installs it, end of story!”
There’s a lot more to the process than that.
And the best way to find out all you need to know is to get help from an experienced garage door company.
Let’s dive into how to find a reputable company to guide you through the process.
What to consider when choosing a company
When it comes to purchasing a new garage door, you don’t want to trust just anyone.
It’s too important of a purchase to make a quick decision!
Here are a few factors to consider when choosing a company to work with:
- Reputation matters. Do your research. Check out the websites of the companies you’re interested in working with. As you read reviews other patrons have written, watch for qualities like reasonable pricing and excellent customer service. It’s also a good idea to ask each company for some references.
- Bank on experience. One of the first things to check into as you’re looking for a garage door company is how long the business has been in operation. A company that has been around your area for a long time will have a firm grasp on how the climate you live in will affect different garage doors over time. The business can help you find a door that will work best for your particular situation. A company that’s been established and successful for a number of years is going to be a business you can trust. When you’re making a large purchase that has a big impact on your home, trust in the company you’re working with is paramount!
- Know the rules. Codes and regulations are put in place for a reason. Garage door installers are required to be certified in safety practices. Make sure your prospective installer has the proper licenses and that they’re following the building codes for your area. Failing to do so can result in expensive fines, the necessity of repairs, or a safety concern.
- Are they insured? Failing to produce proof that the company is insured when you request it should be a major red flag. A reputable company shouldn’t hesitate when you ask to see their Certificate of Insurance. It’s important enough to be a deal-breaker! A fly-by-night company that’s not insured could end up costing you a lot of money if something were to go wrong.
- The stability of the business. If you purchase your garage door from a business whose stability is questionable, your warranty won’t matter. A company who is out of business won’t have anyone to send to fix your door. The money for repairs will have to come from your pocket! Follow-up is important. You want to know that the company will be around, ready to help, if an issue comes up in the future.
In the midst of all the home-building decisions that you have to make, it’s imperative that you take the time to research garage door companies.
It’s not something you’ll do very often, if ever again, so find a company you can trust to guide you through the process, while always keeping your best interest at the forefront.
What’s the most important quality you look for when choosing a company to trust with your patronage?
Build your new garage door today.